... trying Higher ...



... this bilingual (FR-EN) blog for storing miscellaneous elements including a few copies of articles or book excerpts (that I found particularly interesting or inspiring or reflecting my own feelings...), old and new (some family) photos, and of course my notes, thoughts, own writing, and links to family blogs ... one could say "a personal scrapbook". I found writing diaries or journals or blogs (now for nearly 10 years) can be really therapeutic besides a feeling of connection. NOTERS WELCOME.

janvier 27, 2010

2010 moods ... and Facebook

We change with time ...

I'd sworn I'd never go to Facebook, and I just entered my photo there ! ... doesn't necessarily mean that I like it or that it is of any use to me ...
I'm not looking for a social network, rather for an 'affectionate' network, and "Open Diary" specially, until now has been fine for that, as I got response and support.

I was always shy/reluctant to show my face on a Profile picture ... and then, why not ! Strangely enough, I've always liked photos for/from other people, and don't specially feel the necessity to display mine.
... and tonight, I like this one, with my son, on a recent winter visit to Toulon where he lives ...

I've just been experiencing "Facebook" with very mixed feelings ... such a reflection of our times ... don't know if I'm not ... frightened.
Not much depth there, just display, short sentences that don't call for emotion, a mixture of games, videos, sounds, music, show offs, photos of all egos, lots of teenagers.
Maybe there's just something I don't get ... I was never very much of a fervent 'socialite' (only for business when it was required), I'm from another "generation"...
OK it's fun to realize you can be found WORLDWIDE ... but I wonder why it's put me in a rather bad mood.
Never mind, tomorrow I'll find it fun to see that some found me out there ... (until I zap out ?)

1 commentaire:

Betty a dit…

Nice 'photo of both.
Don't know facebook and don't want to know it, yet, but I agree with your comments re show offs and egos when I look at other people's blogs.